SBCGlobal Password Recovery
We all know how important the password of our email account is. That’s why it is often suggested to change password regularly for the safety of our emails. One demerit of changing the password on a regular basis is that we tend to forget the new password and changing the previous one. If you are using SBCGlobal as your email service then you are quite lucky because the process of SBCGlobal password recovery is very simple.
You might know that SBCGlobal is now a subsidiary of AT&T. So, to recover SBCGlobal email accounts you have to visit the AT&T website. Go through this post in case you forgot SBCGlobal password and looking for the methods to get it back. Here, we will present you with the complete information on the method to reset the SBCGlobal email password.
Reset SBCGlobal password
Unfortunately, you don’t have any other option but to reset the password if you are unable to log in to SBCGlobal and can’t remember the current password.
We can divide the methods of SBCGlobal Password recovery into the following two parts.
- SBCGlobal Account recovery using a phone number or email address
- SBCGlobal Email password recovery using security questions
Let’s discuss both of these methods in detail.
How can I Recover SBCGlobal password with a phone number or Email address?
Getting your SBCGlobal account back is very simple in case you have a phone number or an email ID associated with your account. Check out the steps mentioned below.
- To initiate the process, you must visit the official website of AT&T.
- Find and click on the “Sign-in” link that will appear on the top-right corner of a window.
- After opening the login window, you should click “Forget password?” from the bottom.
- On the next, you need to enter the following three details.
- Your SBCGlobal User ID.
- Your last name
- Captcha code to prove that you are a human.
- Click “Continue” after providing the above information.
- The system will ask you about your preferred method of password recovery on the next page. Here you must select “Temporary Password”.
- Choose “Send me a temporary password” for confirmation.
- Then, you have to select how you are looking to receive a temporary password. For this purpose, you may choose SBCGlobal password recovery number or select your alternate email ID.
- Select any of the methods as per your choice and click “Continue”.
- Find and copy the temporary password that you will get either on your phone number or secondary email address.
- Go back to the AT&T website and paste the temporary password in the appropriate field.
- The option to create a new SBCGlobal password will appear straight away as soon as you provide the correct temporary password.
- Finally, Choose a tough yet easy-to-remember password for your SBCGlobal email ID. Check the password guidelines given below in this post to create a strong password.
You may check the new SBCGlobal login credentials by signing-in once again.
What are the steps to recover SBCGlobal Password with security questions?
It is true that SBCGlobal Password recovery without a phone number or email address is a bit tricky but definitely possible. You may use your security questions in such a situation as shown in the steps below.
- Go to the AT&T website and open the login window.
- Open the “Forget password?” link available at the sign-in window’s bottom.
- Enter your complete SBCGlobal email address along with your last name on the next page.
- Also, enter the captcha code correctly to ensure that you are a real user.
- Select “Continue” after verifying the captcha code accurately.
- As you don’t have access to the phone or recovery email address, you need to choose “I’ll answer my security questions” on the next page.
- Next, you should try to answer the security questions as accurately as possible. Please note that the security questions are added into an account at the time of its creation.
- Click “Continue” after answering the security questions and keep following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, create a new SBCGlobal email password and verify the same by signing into your email account.
Know the Easy Steps to change SBCGlobal password
There is no need to follow the complex methods we have listed above in case you just want to update SBCGlobal password. You can change the password in a fairly easier method. However, for doing the same you must have access to the current login credentials.
- Login to your SBCGlobal email account using the email address and current password.
- Then, you must visit the “Sign-in” info page.
- Locate and select the “Change Password” option.
- Enter a new password and confirm it.
- Lastly, save the changes.
You may now log into your SBCGlobal account using the new login credentials.
Protect your SBCGlobal Now – Update Password recovery option
It is a very smart idea to update password recovery options like phone number, alternate email address and security questions. These options are vital at the time of SBCGlobal hacked email password recovery.
Steps to Update SBCGlobal Account Recovery Phone number
- You must sign-in to the SBCGlobal email account to add a phone number.
- Go to the profile option and select “Sign-in info” from the menu.
- On the next menu, you should scroll down to “My linked accounts” and select “Manage email account”.
- Select “Edit user information” on the next page.
- Now, tick the checkbox against “Use this number to reset your password” and provide the number you want to add to the SBCGlobal account.
- After that, AT&T will verify the phone number you have just added by sending you a text message.
- Finally, you can save changes to finish up the process.
Point to remember: For security reasons, you can’t use the phone number you have just added for password recovery. You must wait for at least 30 days after adding a phone number to use it for purposes like recovering a password.
Procedure to update SBCGlobal Security Questions
Let’s check the process to update or change SBCGlobal security question so you don’t have to face problems in getting your account back.
- To change the security question, you must be logged into your SBCGlobal email account.
- Open your profile and click “Sign-in info”.
- Go to the “Online security questions” section and select the “Change security questions” option.
- After that, you need to select the security questions and answers that you can remember easily.
- Save the added questions to complete the update.
Features of an SBCGlobal Password – Guidelines
Whenever you change or reset SBCGlobal Password, you have to provide a new password. The guidelines for the creation of a new SBCGlobal account password are as follows.
- The length of a password should be 6 to 24 characters.
- The password must not have all letters or all numbers.
- Try to create a password in such a way that it includes an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, a hyphen or underscore.
- The password of your SBCGlobal account should not be the same as your username.
- Please note that the password is case-sensitive so make sure you turn off caps-lock before setting up a new password.
- Never add common series like abcdef, QWERTY, 123456 within your password.
- Avoid using your publicly available information like date-of-birth, nickname, etc. as the password.