Get back a hacked Sbcglobal email Account
There is no doubt that security features among email services have improved quite a lot in recent few years. But, hacking is still a potent threat which is a big concern for the users. SBCGlobal email in collaboration with AT&T has many functions to keep hackers at bay. Still, hackers may breach your account’s security and cause problems. The good thing is that you can get back a hacked SBCGlobal email account if you know the right procedure to do so.
Keep reading this post if you suspect that your account is compromised. Here, we will let you know about the method to check whether your SBCGlobal account is hacked or not. Also, we will present the steps to recover an SBCGlobal email account that is hacked.
How to know if your SBCGlobal email account is hacked?
There are certain signs by which you may know that your account has become a victim of malpractices like hacking, phishing, etc. A few of these signs shown by SBCGlobal email are as follows.
- Your contacts complaining that they are receiving spam emails from your account.
- No new emails are reaching your SBCGlobal inbox.
- You are not receiving emails from certain email accounts.
- Unable to sign-in to the SBCGlobal email account even after entering the right login credentials.
- Unknown emails in the sent folder of your email account.
- You are receiving delivery reports about bounced and undelivered emails that you haven’t sent.
- You are getting random emails about winning rewards etc.
All of these signs raise a red flag; you should start SBCGlobal password recovery in case your account is also showing similar indications.
How can I recover a hacked SBCGlobal.net email account?
Let’s go the different measures that you may take to get back an SBCGlobal email account.
Change SBCGlobal Password
The first thing that you must do to safeguard your account is to change the password. Simple steps to change SBCGlobal email password are as follows.
- Log in to your SBCGlobal email account.
- Then, you must go to “Sign-in info”.
- Choose the “Change Password” option.
- Enter and save a new SBCGlobal password.
In case you can’t log into your SBCGlobal account then it is quite possible that the password is changed by the hacker. In such kind of situation, you must reset SBCGlobal password.
- Go to the SBCGlobal sign-in page and click on the “Forget Password?” link.
- Enter your SBCGlobal user ID, last name and captcha code on the next page.
- Verify your identity either using your phone number/ alternate email ID or security questions.
- Create a new password for your SBCGlobal email account.
Update or Create SBCGlobal Account security questions and answers
Changing your password doesn’t protect your account completely. Hackers may have also changed your password recovery options. To save your account you must update SBCGlobal security questions in addition to the password.
- Log into your account and open “Profile”.
- Click “sign-in info” and go to the “Online Security Questions” section.
- Choose “Change security questions” and save your new security questions and answers.
Prevent Malware – Secure your computer
Malware applications not only cause SBCGlobal not working problem but they can also be devastating for your account’s security. You must remove such applications as early as possible.
- Scan your device using a good antivirus program to trace and remove such malware.
- Make sure that your antivirus is up-to-date with all the latest updates.
- Install all the latest security updates on your operating system.
Review and update SBCGlobal email settings
To access sbcglobal.net email on windows 10 or to sync SBCGlobal email on iPhone, you have to use the email settings (IMAP/ SMTP) of SBCGlobal. A flaw in these settings may also give access to hackers. You must look for the following suspicious activities within your account settings.
- Check for any unknown account listed under “POP” or “Forward”. Also, verify the sending name, spam settings, reply-to-address, etc.
- Disable the vacation response if possible.
- Look from a changed content in your email signature.
- Delete all the unknown and incorrect contacts from your account.
- Make sure your email address is not on the block list.
Save your SBCGlobal Account from future security threats
Precautions are better than a cure. Here are some precautionary measures that you may take to save your account.
- Access your email account only from a secured network. Make sure the security is enabled on your wifi-connection.
- Always try to use the SBCGlobal email account only on an updated browser. An obsolete version of a web browser is more prone to hacking, etc.
- Perform a system clean up. It is better to remove all such applications that you no longer use.
- Educate yourself regarding the activities liking phishing, hacking, etc.