11 Steps to Sync SBCGlobal Email in iPhone
You can check your SBCGlobal email whenever you want using the AT&T website. However, using the web version of an email service doesn’t allow you to sync your messages. Similar is the case with SBCGlobal, it is not possible to sync SBCGlobal emails using its webmail service. To sync an account, you have to set it up either using IMAP or via POP settings. This post is just for you if you own an iPhone and a SBCGlobal.net email account. Here, we are going to show how you can sync SBCGlobal email on an iPhone effortlessly.
Some important precautions
It is undoubtedly easy to set up SBCGlobal email on iPhone if you know the right process. However, there are a few things that you should keep in mind before initiating the configuration.
- The first thing that you must remember is that your iPhone or other iOS devices must not be on airplane mode.
- The internet connection in your iPhone must be stable and fast.
- Ensure that you know the password and username of your SBCGlobal account. You must reset SBCGlobal password in case you can’t remember it.
- We also recommend you take a backup of your important emails so that you have them in case things went wrong during configuration.
Configure SBCGlobal on iPhone
Let’s go through the steps by which you can easily configure and sync SBCGlobal email on iPhone.
- To start with, you must tap and run the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Open “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” settings and tap “Accounts”. This will open your existing email account info.
- Then, you must choose “Add Account” as your looking to add SBCGlobal email to iPhone.
- A list of popular email accounts will appear on your screen. The SBCGlobal is not on the list, so you should tap “Other”.
- Open new account form by selecting “Add Mail Account”.
- Fill in the following information in the account form.
- Name: Enter your name or the name of want to display to your receivers.
- Email: Provide your full SBCGlobal email address.
- Account Password: Enter your SBCGlobal Password.
- Description: Give short description for your account.
- Tap “Next” when you are done with entering the information.
- Tap “POP” from the top of the next screen.
- Go to the Incoming Mail Server section and enter the following information.
- Hostname: inboud.att.net
- Username: Type in your SBCGlobal email address.
- Password: Enter the password of your SBCGlobal email account.
- Tap “Next” to open the Outgoing Mail Server section. Enter the information given below in this section.
- Hostname: outbound.att.net
- Username: Enter your complete SBCGlobal email address
- Password: Provide your SBCGlobal password.
- Finally, just tap on the “Save” button to save the settings. Now, your SBCGlobal email account should sync properly with your iPhone.
Note: The above steps are for iPhone 5, the instructions can vary for other models of the iPhone.
As you can see, we have used POP settings to add SBCGlobal email on iPhone. In case you are unable to sync SBCGlobal email on an iPhone then you may also use IMAP settings instead of POP.
SBCGlobal IMAP Settings for iPhone
The general steps to set up SBCGlobal email on iPhone remain the same whether you are using POP or IMAP settings. The changes only occur in the settings that you enter. The IMAP settings to sync to SBCGlobal email on iOS devices are as follows.
|Incoming Server Hostname||imap.mail.att.net|
|SSL (Incoming server security)||Ssl|
|Outgoing Server Hostname||Smtp.mail.att.net|